The description of Streets of Rage Classic
One of SEGA’s all-time greats, Streets of Rage is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover this ground-breaking beat-‘em up.
Three cops, a city on the edge, and a crime lord known only as Mr. X – welcome to one of the all-time SEGA greats. Arm yourself with knives, bottles, and drainpipes and battle through eight thug-infested urban environments to bring order to the city. Relentless, explosive, and addictive as hell – Streets of Rage is the grand-daddy of beat-‘em-ups!
Streets of Rage joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought back to life on mobile!
– Three playable characters, each with their own strengths and killer combos!
– Eight rounds of fast-paced brawling action!
– Local Wi-Fi multiplayer support to help you best the bosses!
– A devastating, rocket-propelled special attack from the ESWAT team!
– Times too tough? Get extra continues and special attacks via rewarded ads!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
– PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
– SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
– LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
– HAPTIC SUPPORT – get into the game with responsive button presses
– CONTROLLER SUPPORT – HID compatible controllers
"Streets of Rage will knock you out!" [96%] - Doctor Dave, GamePro #27 (October 1991)
"I almost wet myself and called the police when we first plugged in the Streets of Rage cart." [93%] - Frank O'Connor, Computer & Video Games #119 (October 1991)
"There can be little doubt that Streets of Rage is the finest beat-'em-up ever to grace the Mega Drive." [885/1000] - Gary Whitta, ACE #50 (November 1991)
STREETS OF RAGE TRIVIA
– The Streets of Rage series goes by the name Bare Knuckle in Japan
– Streets of Rage was also released in arcades via the Mega-Tech and Mega Play boards
– Comic book legend Mark Millar penned two Streets of Rage comic strips for Sonic the Comic!
– There's an alternate ending to discover... can you find it?
STREETS OF RAGE HISTORY
– The game was originally released in 1991
– Developed by: SEGA
– Designers: Noriyoshi Ohba, Hiroaki Chino
– Lead Composer: Yuzo Koshiro
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Streets of Rage, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA CORPORATION or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements