The description of WaveEditor for Android™ Audio Recorder & Editor
WaveEditor for Android™ is a professional tool for editing, recording, and mastering audio. WaveEditor also supports a large variety of file types that make it suitable for audio format conversion and media playback.
• Multi-Track mixing and editing
• WAV or MP3 recording formats
• Visual analysis tools (FFT, oscilloscope, spectrogram)
• Supported import formats: 3gp, aac, aif, aifc, aiff, alac, amr, au, caf, flac, htk, iff, m4a, mat4, mat5, mp3, mp4, ogg, paf, pcm, pvf, raw, sd2, sf, snd, svx, voc, w64, wav, xi
• Supported export formats: aiff, flac, mp3, ogg, pcm, wav
• Standalone and in-editor audio recorders
• USB Microphone support (More info: https://sbaud.io/wavstudio-usb-microphone-support/)
• Built-in file browser for loading and saving files
• 32-bit floating point signal processing
• Single sample editing
• Zooming, panning, and selection functions
• Macro processes such as fade, reverse, & invert
• Amplitude meter
• Undo/redo & copy/paste features
• Compact view setting for smaller devices
• Separate audio format conversion utility
• Pitch correction
• Recorder widget (Pro)
• Crusher (Pro)
• Delay (Pro)
• Distortion (Pro)
• Phaser (Pro)
• Reverb (Pro)
• Graphic EQ
• Parametric EQ (Pro)
• Stereo Mixer
• Compressor (Pro)
• Multi-band Compressor (Pro)
• Noise Gate
• Insert Silence
• Silence Removal
• Tone Generator
• Granular Stretch
• Pitch Correction (Pro)
• Pitch Shift (Pro)
• Time Stretch (Pro)
The free version of WaveEditor contains many features and is quite useful. However, if you like this app, buy the upgraded version to fully utilize its potential. This can be done within the app via In App Billing, and ensures future support as well as new features in later releases.
Benefits of upgrading are as follows:
• All advertisements removed
• All effects unlocked
• Access to Recorder widget
• Read/Write Storage - Used for importing and exporting audio files from storage. Required to use app.
• Record - Used for recording audio from mic. Optional, but required to use recorder.
This app uses the following libraries:
LAME (www.mp3dev.org) released under the LGPLv2.1 (www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html)
libsndfile (www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/) released under the LGPLv2.1 (www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html)
Secret Rabbit Code (www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/) released under the 2-Clause BSD License (www.opensource.org/licenses/BSD-2-Clause)
libvorbis (www.xiph.org/vorbis/) released under a BSD-style license (www.opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause)
libusb (http://libusb.info/) released under the LGPLv2.1 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html)
libFLAC (https://xiph.org/flac/) released under a BSD-style license (www.opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause)
mpg123(https://www.mpg123.de/) released under the LGPLv2.1 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html)
jTransforms(https://sites.google.com/site/piotrwendykier/software/jtransforms) released under the 2-Clause BSD License (www.opensource.org/licenses/BSD-2-Clause)
The source code for the libraries used in this app can be found here : https://sbaud.io/wavstudio-audio-editor-recorder/
Added 192kHz and 176.4kHz sample rates for export.
Added 64-bit export encoding for WAV and FLAC.
Added ability to export as CAF/ALAC files.
Increased Chorus max delay to 25ms.
Added Sample and Hold as a distortion type.