The description of Handy Surveying
This app has been developed in consultation with experienced surveyors in both Australia and the US and includes many of the common Coordinate Geometry (COGO) calculations needed for land surveying field work.
The app can store points for multiple jobs simultaneously, and can easily compute and store the next point on each leg of a continuous bearing and distance traverse. Once a traverse has been completed, it can be plotted, exported, and the misclosure can be computed and corrected if desired.
* Conduct a survey as a continuous traverse, automatically storing points in a point database
* Stakeout points on the ground from a plan
* Plot survey points
* List and edit survey point coordinates
* Import and export survey points from/to a CSV file
* Compute the misclosure distance and angle
* Automatically correct the misclosure using the Bowditch method.
* Compute enclosed area and perimeter
* Traverse / Radiation (2D and 3D)
* Inverse / Join (2D and 3D)
* Horizontal curve solver
* Intersection by bearings
* Intersection by distances
* Intersection by bearing and distance
* Intersection of two lines
* Intersection of perpendicular lines
* Point Scale Factor
* Grid Convergence
* General purpose calculator with trig functions and degree conversion tool
* Bearing calculator
* Polar to rectangular tool
* Units conversion tool
The app defaults to bearing entry and display in DD.MMSS format, but you can also select D/M/S or Decimal Degrees (Dec Deg) formats. You can also choose for northings to appear before eastings using an option on the preferences page.
5.6: Bug fixes.
5.5: Bug fixes.
5.4: Updated to target SDK 29 as required by Google.
5.3: Improvements to layout on small phone screens. Fixed bug which was preventing backsight and quadrant options being shown on Survey page.
5.2: Hide quadrant drop down list on Survey page when not being used. Added preferences option to show descriptions on Points List page.